Lori was born in Butte, Montana, and raised on the family ranch where her office is now located. Lori graduated from Twin Bridges High School and attended Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana where she received her Bachelor of Science in Microbiology. Upon graduating from MSU, Lori worked as a medical technologist and research assistant in the area of cancer research.
In 1990, Lori moved to Houston, Texas, and enrolled in the Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Upon graduation in 1993, she began practice in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas where she concentrated on international transactions, estate planning and business and real estate transactions. During this time, she was also involved as plaintiff’s counsel in a large multi-million dollar WARN class action lawsuit involving severe injuries due to exposure to environmental toxins.
In 1998, Lori returned to Montana and worked with the McCarthy Law Firm and Edwards Law Firm in Butte. In addition to transaction work, Lori’s practice developed to include litigation, handling plaintiffs’ personal injury claims and claims against insurance companies.
In 2002, Lori opened her own law firm. Over the past 14 years, her practice has evolved into a family life practice which includes all areas of family law, business transactions, estate planning, real estate, agriculture, civil litigation, select personal injury claims and water law. Lori is also the attorney for the Town of Twin Bridges.
Both of Lori’s parents passed away at young ages so Lori knows the importance of family succession and estate planning. Having gone through divorce herself, Lori has experienced being a single parent. When she meets, consults and advises clients, she does so through the ears and eyes of experience. She is attentive to her clients’ needs, while strategically and aggressively representing their interests.
Lori is licensed to practice in Montana, Arizona and Texas. In addition to her law practice, Lori has a life coach practice. In her personal time, Lori enjoys ranching with her husband and sons, raising cattle, horses, dogs and chickens. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, is actively involved in her church and is on the School Board for Twin Bridges High School.
- Texas, 1993
- Montana, 1999
- Arizona, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Montana
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1993
- Cambridge University Law School, Cambridge
- Summer of 1992
- Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Microbiology
- North Pa. Ins. Co. v. Stucky, 2014 MT 299, 377 Mont.25, 338 P.3d 56, 2014, Montana Supreme Court
- Crowley v. Crowley, 2014 MT 42, 374 Mont. 48, 318 P.3d 1031, 2014, Montana Supreme Court
- Clark v. Heirs & Devisees of Dwyer, 2007 MT 237, 339 Mont. 197, 170 P.3d 927, 2007, Montana Supreme Court
- Granite Mountain Bank
- JH Associates, L.L.C.
- Need More Land and Cattle Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 1993 to Present
- State Bar of Montana, 1999 to Present
- State Bar of Arizona, 2004 to Present
- Fifth Judicial District Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Montana Trial Lawyers' Association
Past Employment Positions
- JD LAW FIRM, P.C., Sole Practitioner, 2002 to 2016
- City Attorney for the Town of Twin Bridges, Montana, 2010-Present
- Edwards Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2003 to 2005
- McCarthy Law Office, Associate Attorney, 1999 to 2002
- Armstrong Law Office, PLLC, 1996 to 1998
- Law Office of Ramon Rosales, 1995 to 1996
- Rausch Law Office, 1993 to 1995
Pro Bono Activities
- CASA - Fifth Judicial District Voice for Children, Inc.
- School Trustee, Twin Bridges High School, 2010 to 2017
- Life Coach